Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Freesia Bulbs

Back in January, I posted a blog about surprise bulbs that just started growing again. Even though I stacked them up on top of each other, crammed in the back of my porch.

Nature 1. Me 0.

Well a few weeks ago they started blooming and they were all Freesia! There were a lot of red, some orange and some white. They really are just fantastic to look and they smell good, but not to over powering. Those plump little green aphids just love these, so the insecticidal soap is sitting out on the porch as well. I have tried ladybugs and other things, but since I have such a small porch on such a large expanse of asphalt and stucco, they don't stay.

With the surprise heat that is hitting Sacramento right now, the leaves are already starting to die back. I suppose since stacking them up and forgetting them worked so well for me last year, that's totally what I am going to do again!



No comments: