Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Den Aussie Chip orchid

This one is so cute!!!

It's one that I bought off the Orchid Society at the Zoo's plant fest last month. I told them I didn't have room for more and so they brought out this little tiny orchid. The pot is a whole 1 1/2". In the photos it looks like it could be a large orchid, but it's mini.

The cool thing is that it has many, many stems growing and each of them has a spear of flowers coming out of it. Instead of being small, the flowers are bigger than you would expect and there are 5 or so blooms per stalk.

So over all, it's a lot of flower bang-for-your-buck in this little orchid. It also has tiny little reddish speckles on the outside of the flowers with is just freaky adorable.

I have crammed it into my orchid window sill and it's very happy. Damn orchid society, they get me every time.






No comments: