Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Orchid Challenge, the Rescued One!

This was only the second orchid I have ever owned and it was surrendered by my boss back in 2008. I boldly said I would get it to bloom because I had made one single other orchid bloom. Cocky, I know. But, it's part of the orchid challenge.

Well, two years later and some patient waiting the little orchid that could has come back from the brink to shoot up a modest little spike. I'm excited to see what the hell it actually is!

So, if you have been counting, it's exactly half of my orchids with promising blooms. If they hang in there an flower I will win! Which is sort of surprising because as of late, I have been a bad, bad plant person. Nothing like outright killing, but the worse slow neglect. I swear I will reform my ways...as soon as I have a weekend at home.


No comments: