Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bring on the Spring

By TheJenny, Guest Blogger


Spring has always been my favorite season. It's a glorious time to be outside. With the wonky temperature, spring started early this year, which is just fine by me. The evergreen clematis vine is blooming and looks like a thick white cloud clinging to the pergola. The flowers are simple and lovely and smell very faintly of jasmine. The golden-green leaves are unfurling on the barberry shrubs. The camellia we planted last year is blooming it big pure white blooms, so symmetrical and geometrically perfect.


On the first warmish sunny weekend in February, I hit the nursery along with the other plant nuts and spruced up the front yard. Among the plants I added were martinii euphorbia (my favorite), an orange flowered lovely for a ontainer, and a soon to be pink-flowered ground cover (myoporum) beneath a tree.











No comments: