Friday, March 5, 2010

Bloomin' Crazy at the Sacramento Zoo

Yes, I work at the Sacramento Zoo - I think I've told you that before. Well a good portion of my plants have come from their Bloomin' Crazy Plant Fest on the first Saturday in March. Mainly my orchids because there are a couple of orchid clubs that are there. They are super helpful and have a great variety of plants for sale.
The African violet society had known the pleasure of my commerce as well as the vermiculture folks. Their worm castings are just fabulous on indoor plants. The Geranium club, lavender farm and a couple of other nurseries have also sucked me in over the years. And the rare fruit growers are just a treasure trove.

The nice thing is that they are honest. If you come across as someone who is going to kill their precious plant they will tell you. That helps me. I don't want to take something home when I know it will just slowly die.

So, come out on March 6th. I'll be there!

No comments: