Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Geranium Plant


Last year at the Zoo's Plant Fest, I bought a little geranium from the Geranium Society. I don't usually like Geraniums, but I am a sucker for these plant societies and once I get talking to them, I can see why they like their preferred species so much.

So, I ended up with a little 2" potted Geranium that I kinda liked. It has bright, light green leaves with a rusty sort of red in the middle. The foliage is really where it's at, but the flowers are okay too. Very small Chinese red flowers. Over the summer, it bloomed pretty regularly but stopped in the winter.

I trimmed the crap out of it at the beginning of winter and it's seems to be thriving. It's already doubled in size in just a couple of months. I should probably get it into a bigger pot before spring hits so it can get a little bigger.

No comments: