Sunday, May 17, 2015

Repot Fail

I've had this plant for at least a decade and every time it grows longer, I just loop it back up on top of itself. It had grown into and around a seashell hanger so I never dared to repot it and since it always looked good, I just left it.


It started to drop yellow leaves and I decided to repot it. I took it down and cut it out of the seashell hanger. I couldn't untangle it but I did cut off a bunch. Over the next month strands were dying either because I cut them or due to stress. I slowly just kept cutting off the dying part and it got to the point where there were only a few short strands (from the 12-20 foot tendrils) left.


So I rooted some of the cutting and replanted them to help restart it. We begin again!


The whole tangled mess
What was left.
But new sprouts!!
The next generation.

No comments: