Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Aqua Forest San Francisco

I was recently in San Francisco and my friend insisted that we visit this aquarium place near Japantown. I humored him, but I don't love fish tanks enough to mess with trying to keep one healthy.

Until now! Aqua Forest in SF is amazing! It's more like garden than a fish tank. They are so very beautiful with dirt and ground cover, trees and plants with perfect little fresh water fish helpers. It's more about the plants than the fish but the fish are still pretty damn cool.

The ecosystems they create are just gorgeous, like underwater forests. It seems like it would cost you about $300-$400 to set up a small table top aquarium, but then it would be like a self sustaining garden. It's definitely on my list of play things to find money for. Just awesome!

No comments: