Sunday, June 14, 2009

Neolauchea Pulchella Orchid


The only reason I know the name of this orchid is because it has a tag nailed to the back of it! This is yet another plant I picked up at the Sacramento Orchid Show back in the spring. I only have a small area in the window that is orchid friendly, but this one hangs! So, no need for extra space! Yes, I can rationalize with the best of them.

It is currently hanging off a little stump of a branch on the avocado tree that lives in the same windowsill. It loves it there. I run it under cool water ever couple of days, then hang it back up to drip into the avocado - it's a win, win.

I've never had this type of orchid, and it is supposed to grow like a weed. So far, that's true. It just keeps expanding those little weedy stems and shooting out tiny, papery roots. It's great fun to have since it's novel little thing. If I can get it to bloom, I'll post some pictures.

No comments: