Friday, May 22, 2009

Thin plant


I have no idea what this plant is. I bought it at the Davis Ace Hardware over 10 years ago because it was so unique looking. (BTW, Davis Ace is one of the best places to buy plants. Pretty affordable and they have a fabulous selection of stuff you don't see at your regular big box nursery. Plus a bonsai section which rocks!).

Back to the plant. So, it must be a bulb plant cause it dies off for a little while in the late fall, early winter then starts growing greenery about a month or two later. It's so damn hearty and I've never repotted it. It just trucks along happy.

The flowers are pretty cute too, clusters of 3 pointed blue flowers that seem to last a good long while. Only down fall is that the cats think it's cat grass and can't resist sometimes.

If anyone knows what it is, please let me know!

2 comments:

Magi said...

Looks like a type of iris to me... we have these growing in our back yard in Pennsylvania... They die off and come back each year for us, with lots of purple blooms in spring/summer :)

ScribbyKitty said...

This one does die off in the winter and come back in the spring. Thanks for the info, I think you are right!