Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lemon Tree


Meyer lemons are pretty much the perfect fruit ever! They are so much more flavorful than regular Eurekas and seem to ripen nice an quick plus they are delicious in cocktails. I have been wanting a tree for a long time, but with a condo porch, what are you going to do?

Answer: Buy one anyway and try to "sneak" it in the from the garage, up the stairs, across the living room and onto the porch without Ben noticing. He caught me when I was halfway out the porch door. It's been about a year and a half and it has tripled in size!

Last year it had quite a few blooms but nothing was pollinated. I thought it might be because there were no bees around where we are, so I was resigned to not having any lemons this year either. But, the tree was covered in blooms... hundreds on this little porch tree and the bees came!

I have little tiny green balls the size of peas on a bunch of the branches. I am hoping they hang on and turn into lemons.

Bring on the lemon drops!

No comments: