Thursday, March 19, 2009

Iono orchid

Technically, it's an Inocidium Popcorn "Highland".

Every year the Sacramento Zoo has a Bloomin' Crazy plant fest which I end up working. It is evil. I always walk around (usually with my mom, but she was busy this year) and say hi to all the exhibitors and vendors, vowing not to buy anything.

In 2007, I bought my spaceship orchid that I blogged about so I always go back to the Orchid Society to brag about the fact that I haven't killed it yet. They tried to talk me into buying something new, but I only have one area on my kitchen windowsill that loves orchids and violets. So ha! No more room!

Their response: freakishly adorable tiny orchids. Damn them all!

This is the larger of the two I bought and it's still only in a 1 1/2 pot with super small, feathery blooms. Lots of them.

I am such a sucker...and like I alluded to earlier, it's only one of the two I bought. That one is coming up soon. Oh, and even better, they suckered me into buying tickets to the orchid show in April because they will have even tinier ones there!!! I hate them.

No comments: