Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Emo Ficus - FAIL?

By Guest Blogger Jenny

I've had this ficus for about 6 or 7 years. It has always lived at work. I got it because it was a cool purple color. At first it was happy. We were happy. It's limbs reached up toward the sky (and leaned slightly toward the big window). A co-worker liked it so much he took a cutting of the ficus and grew his own (which I hear is doing quite well).

I thought I was attentive enough. Watered weekly, potted on fresh soil, gave it offerings of dead fishy bodies of the office bettas that's didn't make it (as fertilizer). Of late the ficus has become very weepy and curled. Like a sulky suburban teenager that hates its parents. I repotted it. I continue to water it. Open the blinds for it during the day. Nothing. I'll have to see if my co-worker wants to adopt it.

It has become clear that it no longer enjoys my company.


No comments: