Sunday, October 12, 2008

Spider Plant

I have a number of small spider plants all derived from a plant my boyfriends Dad had 10 years ago (I think he still has the plant). They chug along, living life, but not always well. There are usually bouts of dry soil, soggy soil, and less than ideal lighting throughout their lifetime which stunt their growth, and make them a little sad.

One of these spider plants was outdoors during our one unusual night of winter freeze last year (in the east SF Bay Area, it is indeed rare to have a freeze...) and it died.

well, I thought it died anyway, I don't have a picture of the dead palnt, but if you imagine a terracotta pot with a few little brown shrivled blades sticking out of the dirt, that's pretty much what it looked like. I never got around to taking it out of the pot, or bringing it inside... and in the spring it came back lush, and beautiful.



When I moved to a new space in our office at work, I decided to bring it in, since there was a perfect window for it to live in. It was extremely happy, and all my coworkers thought I had a seriously green thumb ;-) but really, it was just good luck.

No comments: