Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Open Letter to My Plants - I Suck.

Dear plants,

I love you, I really do. It's just that I got distracted. I forgot about you. And I'm sorry.

I trained for and ran a marathon in early December and it ate all of my free time for months. I know that's not a good reason to neglect you, but that's what happened. Some of you have survived my marathon journey, a few have been lost and all have suffered.

For those who are still with me, I swear I will take better care of you. Today I watered and fertilized everyone - too little too late, I know but it's a start. I trimmed some of you, removed some dead (well, lot's of) leaves and made sure you weren't infested with bugs.

Porch plants, I know your home loosk horrendous and I promise to clean, organize and refresh out there. Just give me one more week.

Indoor plants, I'll give you some worm compost tea soon and a fresh layer of soil this weekend. I'll move everyone around according to the new angle of the sun, and turn you so you stop leaning weird ways. I will stake your gangly shoots and dust your leaves.

I promise.

Sincerely,
Scribby

No comments: