Sunday, November 13, 2011

Aloe Splitting

I've written about my aloe plant before. Read it here to find out the history if this 13 year old plant. And yes, back in September 2008 when I wrote it I may have said it needed to be repotted. Here it is Fall 2011 and I finally did it!


It feels like killing the plant because you basically take it out of the pot and break it into chunks. Some of the older parts had stalks that were almost 2 feet long and wrapped in a circle amongst the other stalks. Not healthy at all. And yes, I do feel bad now.


So, you can see a small pile of separated plants below. I ended up trimming a ton of dead leaves and chopping off the huge stalks to restart them as new plants. It took 3 medium-large pots to plant all the parts.


Needless to say, I'm set if I burn myself.


Just a few parts.
Two of three pots.

Last of the pots.

No comments: